I'm also a Cera fan, though I do think that in most of the stuff he's done he has played the same guy. The thing is, I find that guy hilarious, so I don't mind. Seeing the stuff he did at a young age on Arrested Development is really impressive. You should go back to that again.

He does a great job in this role, though. The main character isn't supposed to be all good, he's supposed to have flaws and be kind of a lazy inconsiderate guy, sort of bumbling through life. The book fleshes the character out more, of course, but Cera does as good a job getting that through as you can in the shorter format.

In fact, I was concerned that he would be doing the same thing he always does when I saw the preview. That scene where he says "yeah, well my baggage doesn't try to kill me every five minutes" did not strike me as something that Scott Pilgrim from the books would say. The guy in the books had little to no clue what was going on at any given time. He was sort of clueless as a defense mechanism (at least that's how I read it). The one in the preview seemed to be a little too aware of himself and what was happening. The scene still played out that way to me, but it's an important character scene in the movie that takes some of the emotions going on over the course of 20 pages in the book and condenses it to one scene out of necessity.

As for the Expendables, I was less enthusiastic about it than my three friends I saw it with were. They were super psyched for it so we went to the midnight showing. I was excited for it to, being a child of the 80's and having gone to plenty of action movies with my father over the years, but my excitement for Expendables was somewhat tempered by being more excited for Scott Pilgrim smile

I'd say that Expendables was worth watching with a crowd for all the scenes where people shout out and stuff. Other than that I don't see a whole lot of reasons to see it in the theater.

My biggest surprise was that my favorite moment in the movie didn't involve the biggest names, but Terry Crewes. I won't spoil it, but there's a hilariously violent moment in the tunnels toward the end.

As for the movie as a whole, it was flawed but enjoyable. There were a lot of points where the movie dragged with very little action, which was a surprise for this type of film.

I think the funniest part of the movie was that it has almost no interest in its characters. You will never find out anything whatsoever about any of them.

Oh, and Mickey Rourke has a five minute monologue in the middle of the film, and I didn't have a freaking clue what he was talking about.