Originally Posted By: Roger
  • It must have the Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End/PgDn cluster in the right place, and right order.

Just to clarify what that means, is this the right order?

I understand what you mean about the function keys. It used to be that on laptops you would see the alternate functions on the F-keys, and you had to hold down something like an Fn key to use them. I see a lot of laptops these days that do the opposite, where you have to hold down the Fn key to get the F-keys, and I hate that.

I have the Logitech K800, which I've really been liking. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to meet your requirements. The F keys are slightly more than half-height, but I think they're contoured in a way that makes up for that. They have a good feel IMO.

The only negative I have for this keyboard is that the battery runs out pretty quick because of the backlight. I love the backlight, but while I probably replaced the couple of AA's in my old wireless keyboard every 12-18 months, I probably have to recharge my K800 every other week. It's not a big deal, though, I just hook up a micro USB cable overnight and it's done. Or I can keep working on it while it's charging.

You didn't specify any requirements for the mouse, did you? Anything you're looking for there? I like my Logitech Performance MX quite a lot.