Hi Kim.

This might be an exaggeration, but if I wanted to summarize your post into 3-4 sentences, I would do it like this:
  1. The software seems to be pretty well usable for you and seems to have quite a few features I would like to see on such a navigation software.

2. The maps you currently use are available for Finland only, other maps use different projection methods and are therefore not compatible at the moment.

3. If some other people want to do a navigation software project, it is either in parallel with your project, or not happening at all (for now).

4. If your software ever reaches a state where you don't want to improve on it anymore, you will probably release it as open source.

Is this right? If so, it doesn't make me happy, but it is your software project, so it is your decision. In this case, I see no other option for me other than starting a seperate project for some other navigation software. However, I will probably investigate on the lower level sub-projects first (UI-API, Sound-API, Player/Navigator skeletton, Plugin-API,...). This might help your project as well, if you get it to a releasable version within the time we need to finish the basics. It would be great though, if you would help us with some information like the data format of the maps you use, NMEA communication routines etc.

cu,
sven

PS: Nice to read some news about your project anyway, I always wondered how you got along with it. I would really like to give it a try, too. If your software is even half as good as it sounds by now, it is better than what I had in mind as a primary public alpha version.

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)