Hi.

Yes, that project sure looks promissing, but there are a few things I noted while studying the readme file. First, it currently only is a moving map display, though a very intelligent one. Great if you want to try and find your way in an unknown environment, bad if you want to get guided through an unknown environment. Second, it doesn't use street based maps/vector maps which makes it almost impossible to do real street to street navigation, there simply is no information about streets/street names in those maps.
That system is surely interesting and far more advanced than my software will be by the end of the year. It seems to be a dead end in regards to a street level navigation system / guidance system though. Don't get me wrong: This is an extremely good piece of software as it seems, just not the kind of navigation system I would like to use in the car. I would use it on a mobile computer though if I were walking through an unknown city, just like I used the great software StreetPlanner from Palmtop BV (Netherlands) on my Psion Series 5mxPro some month ago.

cu,
sven

proud MkII owner (12GB blue/green/smoked, was #080000113 is #090001010)