I'm looking for a settop box that can be used for data broadcasting reception purposes. Using I gather "DVB-Data (ETSI 301 192) compliant" protocols.

I know that Telemann make a couple of devices (the UX2000 and the LX2000). They also make a satellite receiver box the DTR5000N which has the same capabilities as the LX2000, but can output TV images as well.

The LX2000 is the one that interests me as it can, as I understand it, be setup to decode up to 32 PID's and then stream them out the Ethernet port on the back to your local network - which can then capture and process the packets in realtime.

This is *EXACTLY* the application I need one for, but I'm wondering about the LX2000 as its software is about 18 months old, and thats a long time a consumer level device in this market.

So, does anyone know of a similar/newer/cheaper product - preferably one that can be controlled via Ethernet as the LX2000 is - the UX2000 is USB only, and the data rate on that will be too low for my application.

Or, does anyone here (e.g. in the Australians amoung us - nobbys.net.au seem to use this device for their Hi-speed Internet service) have a LX2000 they use for hi-speed data access and can comment on it?

In particular I need to be able to stream PID0 as well as a couple of others as I need to tear apart some MPEG 2 streams and I need to get at PID0 to know for sure where the other streams are located in the multplex of streams.

Any comments etc are welcomed.