Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#177297 - 29/08/2003 02:53 Tuner module for sale
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
Well, kind of...

I'm buying a house, which has caused me to turn my focus towards bringing in cash in pretty much any way possible. I've just sold my car, so my empeg has no home. Now, I'm trying to decide if I really need my tuner.

Since the empeg's not in a car, the tuner's not much use to me currently, and it will be a few months before I have another car. I've placed an order for a pcats tuner kit, but I'm number 237, and it's possible I'll never be able to get the kit due to problematic sourcing of parts.

I'm trying to weigh the risks of selling my tuner now and hoping to replace it with a pcats kit in the future. On the one hand, it's an original tuner, and the pcats kit my never materialize. On the other hand, I really need the money, and won't be able to use a tuner for several months anyway.

So, here's the deal. $350 would make my decision for me. It's kind of high, but not out of line with what some of them have sold for. If there's anyone out there that just absolutely has to have a tuner now, here's your chance. I'd spring for shipping in the US, but international would have to pay their own way.

If any of you would like to take me up on this, just let me know.

#177298 - 30/08/2003 07:31 Re: Tuner module for sale [Re: adavidw]
farmtech
journeyman

You mentioned that it is the "Original Tuner" does that mean that it is an FM only tuner?

#177299 - 30/08/2003 08:11 Re: Tuner module for sale [Re: farmtech]
tman
carpal tunnel

He means it's one of the original ones that Rio/empeg sold with the Mk2/2A. The differences between that one and the pca one are that it's SMD in the original and therefore smaller.
The "original" tuner which didn't have AM was built inside the Mk1 and you can't take them out.

#177300 - 30/08/2003 14:02 Re: Tuner module for sale [Re: tman]
adavidw
addict

Yeah, what he said.

#177301 - 31/08/2003 19:11 Re: Tuner module for sale [Re: adavidw]
adavidw
addict

Hey, I just thought of something. If someone could somehow get me quicker on the list for a PCATS tuner, I could let this one go for a more reasonable price. Like, for example if someone has an order number lower than 160, but wants a tuner right now, I'd sell this one for $250 if they could trade their number to me. That way, I'd be nearly assured of getting a new tuner eventually, so I wouldn't need to extract such a high price for it.

So, anyone want it?