How do I, a lowly Mark I user, upload a boot animation to my empeg, when the FAQ only talks about using LAN connections? I have V2 and serial cable standing by...
I currently don't know how to do that. I only know how to use Jemplode, which is ethernet-only.

In theory, you could do the following:

1. Create a binary file that contains the animation data. I do not remember if Jemplode has the ability to save a proper binary file which contains the correct data, or if only exports animated GIFs. Remember, the player does not play animated GIF files, it must be in the player's proprietary format.

2. Calculate the correct upload address. I forget exactly how to do this. I believe that you must first learn the exact size of your animation file, in bytes. Then subtract that number from a known address (the end address of the kernel flash space). I'm not sure if this is right or not.

3. Use the upload.exe program included with logoedit to send the file to the player.

If this is the correct procedure, then I could theoretically add it to the FAQ if I just knew how to calculate the address.