It's not really a pool. It's free. For simplicity's sake, I will put up the prize. 50 USD

The rules:

1) Entries restricted to non-lurking members of the Empeg BBS. You must have at least two posts to this BBS prior to 20:00 hours Pacific Standard Time March 25, 2004.

2) One entry per humanoid. Duplicating entries from alternate BBS IDs such as Jesus Christ or Saddam_Hussein will invalidate any entries from the IDs of their real owners.

3) How to enter: Post your entry here in a response to this message. E-mail a copy of your entry to the e-mail address listed for this BBS ID (jimhogan) with the subject "SCOPOOL" and with your legal name in the body of the message. It will be assumed that the e-mail address is the address to which $50 Paypal will be sent in the event that you are the winner. If you can not accept Paypal, you must include a postal address to which $50 in funds can be sent in the event you win in order for your entry to be valid. There will be no dickering after SCO dies! If you did not provide a valid Paypal e-mail address or valid postal address, the prize will go to the next runner-up!

4) Definition of SCO "death" for the purposes of the contest: You must guess the dates both when SCO share price (listed on NASDAQ under SCOX) will first drop below $5.00 and when it will drop below $1.00. A "perfect" prediction of death would be if you pick both dates exactly for a score of zero (no variation from actual dates of death). and this low score would win.

5) Entries are first-come, first-served. Your entry may not duplicate the dates of any previous entry. Please check your entry after posting and before e-mailing. If Tony or Tony snuck in there with the same dates, go back and edit/adjust your entry!

6) Scoring for imprefect entries: Once the actual dates for $5 and $1 death are known, entries will be assessed additional points as follows: One point for every day (early or late) of variance from the actual $5 day. *Three* points for every day of variance (early or late) from the actual $1 day (on the premise that the $1 day is the more critical indicator of death).

7) Unforseen circumstance will be dealt with at the discretion of the pool manager! If SCO tries some crap like a 1-to-85 split to avoid delisting, well, I'll deal with it and let you know. If the SEC e-mails and threatens to sue me for rigging the market and selling SCO short, well, I can say that I don't own any stock and I'll do the best I can.

8) You may elect a "SCO Lives!" entry (by putting this in the body of your post/e-mail). If, as of March 25, 2005, SCO has not died according to contest criteria, all SCO_Lives! entries will be put in a hat and a $50 winner chosen at randomy by my buddy's 4 year-old son, Fritz.

9) Entries must be logged before 12;00 noon PST on April 1, 2004. If SCOX has dropped below $5 before the April 1 dealine then the $5 scoring will be nullified. If SCOX drops below $1 before the contest deadline then the contest will be aborted in favor of some localized dancing and singing.

Let the entries begin!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.