Well, I had planned to go through with upgrading Dish last night. I turned on the TV, hit the Voom button, and instead of the Voom is dead message, it instead was a Voom programing is not dead message. My Voom service will continue at least through Sunday currently, and at that time Dish will be offering a much better deal then DirecTV.
Quote:
Customers can sign a one-year agreement and receive six free months of HD programming with high-definition receivers in up to two rooms at no charge. For a limited time, those who sign up can also receive more than 180 standard definition channels for only $19.99 a month for the first three months, plus a free DVR upgrade, with next-day installation.

Much better then the $200 rebate offer DirecTV did. Oh, and they are doing equipment leases through this, so MPEG4 migration won't affect me beyond having to cable up a new box at some later date.

Seems patience is a good thing in this case. With the rumors that not all the Voom people filming content, people were suspecting some deal to move the programming elsewhere. Noone expected it to happen so soon though.