Well, the last part of this saga finally came today. I have my final bill of service, and a note on the back that states:

"Set Top Box Update: In connection with the shutdown of Voom's business, Voom hearby transfers all rights, title and interest to all Voom equipment in your possession to you for your continued use. Your Voom equipment may continue to be used to receive some off-air digital/HD channels for some period, although there will be no program information or technical support available. In the event that you no longer have use for the equipment it must be disposed of in accordance with all enviornmental laws and regulations."

http://voom.com/ now fully has converted to being a site about the ten current channels Dish broadcasts, and does hint at two things. One, the other channels are still coming back at some point. It also does not state that Dish is the official carrier of Voom, just that they are a current carrier of the channels.

I was kinda hoping DirecTV would have announced, well, anything by now. Looks like their $200 offer will go unused.

*edit* - Reading some other peoples experiences, it seems Voom refunded back any cost in buying equipment if you didn't lease, as long as you kept service all the way to the last day. Some people got refund checks of nearly $1200. This aparently is keeping in line with their tradition of trying to treat customers decently. The initial "charter" members got $300 per box refunds in mid 2004 when the equipment prices droped that much. While Voom was owned by Cablevision, they very much ran themselves like a small business willing to be nice to the customers. It's really a shame they no longer exist as a provider.