Hi Guys,

My GF and I have decided we're going to build a house. We've got loads of ideas, and we would like to make some sort of plan.

These days, there are dozens of programs out there which all promise to be very easy to work with, and help you build your dream house.

I've bought one of these programs today (easy computing's Super architect 3D platinum), which says 'designing your own house has never been so easy and complete. An intuitive interface will help you to build the house of your dreams in no time". Wrong. I've been at it all night now, trying to make it understand the measurements of my piece of land. No chance. I've paid more than $100 for this piece of |#@! and I can't make it do the simplest thing.
Mind you, I'm probably mostly at fault here, but my point is I guess this program expects you to be an architect before you can work properly with it, which I'm not.

It looks like I'm $100 poorer, and not one step further. So I would like to ask you guys: do you know of any software which I can use? Which is easy to work with? And -preferably- which has a demo version which I can try before buying first (which I should have done in the first place...)?

Thanks!