Shoulder pain club! Woohoo!

I was helping a client move a piece of furniture about 5 years ago, and the next day I had a bad pain in my shoulder. Sort of like an extreme aching. I decided to try out a chiropractor - a business associate who was also a PT, so that was the more helpful part. He took some x-rays and saw some sort of awkward tear, but [unhelpfully] I can't remember exactly what it was at the moment. From what I remember, I could either have surgery or try to work on it. I chose the latter.

He gave me a few number of exercises to do in addition to my treatments and therapy sessions. After about four months and around 10-12 treatments...I felt marginally better. It was a little discouraging.

But then...it just sort of...went away? I'm not sure what happened, but I got better. Well after I stopped treatments, and well after I stopped my exercises at home, it just sort of went away. I can't even remember when that happened, which I guess is a good sign. Since that time I've gone through a move, done countless chores around the house including all the yard work, finished a big project to mount a new TV and install in-wall speakers (that sent me to the hospital for a different reason), and done all sorts of projects for various clients, including running ethernet through office ceilings. I guess that in the end I just needed to work the shoulder over a long period of time. But that was my case...