Originally Posted By: canuckInOR
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Shoulder pain club! Woohoo!

Another member, checking in!

Shoulder #1 separated in a mountain-bike accident in my 20s -- going down a hill, hit a patch of leaves at the bottom, that were covering a sand pit. Front wheel augered in, and I went over the bars. Fortunately it was after the cute woman I was riding with left, so my pride remained mostly intact. Unfortunately, it was after the cute woman I was riding with left, and I was stuck with just the burly man-beard dude to help me get back home, so I missed out on playing the sympathy card.

Ugh, I hear you there. I was riding my bike at night around my college campus during the second week of my freshman year. I left the walking path to go around some pedestrians, but didn't see a pit that was covered with grass that had grown up to the same level as everything around it. The bike stopped still, I went over the handlebars, and the very first thing to touch the ground in front of me was my face, which took the full impact of the crash. My whole face was scratched and scraped for the first month of college. Fun stuff!