How is everybody doing?

2020 was an awful year, I'm one of the folks that are clinically extremely vulnerable, so when lockdown started here in the UK in march of last year, myself and daughter (who is also CEV) were stuck indoors, I know a lot of people have struggled, but with my health issues I hardly left the house anyway.

In august I got that dreaded early morning phonecall from my mum, my dad was waken to hospital and was not at all well, we headed up to Cambridge and was able to be with him as he passed away in intensive care. A few days after his funeral, my sister in law then passed away from her cancer battle. 2020 not being one to relent, another couple of weeks later and my aunt passed away from cancer too.

In September we were really reluctant about daughter going to school (she's a teacher)l, we felt it wasn't safe and 3 weeks later after a member of staff tested positive, our daughter then went and got tested and she was positive, my wife and myself then got tested and we also got positive results.

I'm still struggling from the effects of it and 2 weeks ago I ended up in the last place I wasned, in hospital. I was in for an unusually short stay for myself of 4 days, because of my health problems I always get my own room, so it's not as bad as it could be.

We've all had our first vaccination jabs and are waiting for our follow up.

When lockdown started, I began work on a software project for myself, and over the past 10 months I've been working on it during my insomnia, there was a period in the summer where I didn't feel like working on it when my father passed away.

I've been back chipping away at it, it's kept me busy at night and takes my focus off of pain.

I even created a small website for the application, I finally found a Wordpress theme/builder that allowed me to put together something that didn't look like a geocities site from the 90's!

https://www.pingnoo.com

it's open-source as well and all the code is at https://github.com/nedrysoft/pingnoo

How has everybody else kept themselves occupied during this pandemic?

Edited by sn00p (08/02/2021 01:57)