Originally Posted By: tahir
I believe the UK's worse in deaths per capita than the US!

Congratulations.🙁 You beat us by nearly 4%. Below is a screenshot taken from a spreadsheet I wrote, using data from the World Health Organization. It is currently sorted on column AD, Deaths per 100,000. As you can see, there are 11 countries "ahead" of the UK on the list:
Peru
Hungary
Czechia
Bulgaria
Brazil
Colombia
Argentina
Belgium
Italy
Paraguay
Poland

Note that U.S.A. currently is the leader in:
New Cases 7/21 -- 7-27 (Column Q)
New Cases 7/28 -- 8/03 (Column R)
Confirmed Cases Cumulative (Column T)
Percentage of Confirmed Cases vs. World (Column U)
Confirmed Deaths Cumulative (Column AB)
Percentage of Confirmed Deaths vs. World (Column AC)

The GIGO rule (Garbage In Garbage Out) certainly applies here. I think the WHO is trustworthy, others have different opinions. In any case, what really skews everybody's numbers is the uncertainty of how many Covid-19 cases are actually reported. This will vary enormously country to country. I have seen estimates that in my country (Mexico) only about 15% of actual cases are reported. Much of the Mexican population lives outside the reach of organized health care. The numbers in cell AA16 and AE16 are pretty scary as they stand, factor in that they might show only a sixth of the actual cases and you may understand why, even though fully vaccinated, I never leave the house without my really good mask (five-layer replaceable filters), I never go to restaurants or any social gatherings, I never allow anyone inside the property (gardener, maid, work crew, guests) unless they (and myself, of course) are masked. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me!

If anyone is interested in my spreadsheet (137,215 rows now) PM me and I'll send you a copy. It is highly configurable, can be sorted on any column by a single keystroke, you can adjust the date ranges in columns Q,R,S, and Y,Z,AA by changing the number in A7, and if you turn off protection and unhide columns B through N you will have access to the raw data which produces the information in O through AE. I'll also explain how to update the data, a process that takes less than a minute start to finish.

A word of warning: As the spreadsheet has grown, it has become less stable. Perhaps it is a problem with just my computer, but it occasionally locks up hard when performing operations that access all the raw data, like sorting or changing date offsets. This morning it locked up when I tried to copy formatting from a cell that accessed data only in column A into a standalone display-only not formula-derived cell. I think the lockup may only be that it is killing my USB (both keyboard and mouse are USB) but the only way out of it is a hard reset. No keyboard/mouse leaves no other options that I know of.

Anyway, I have a lot of work in this spreadsheet I hope that at least a few of you will like it.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
WHO Screenshot.png