I hope someone chimes in with quick instructions on how you can sense that mute line. Method of operation would just be that you pause or otherwise mute the audio for the specified amount of time.

The only reason I mentioned current play list was because you could set up a list beforehand. I would probably leave it on some random list most of the time, but it would be nice to select a specific album, etc. This way you don't need any kind of interface or prefs of your own. You're just controlling on/off of the player.

It would be really neat if you'd hijacked the entire display to show the time (alternate display in your app I suppose). Of course this can be simulated by using the empeg's clock visual. I suppose if you release the source code, someone else can take over and add any features you don't feel like adding yourself. With Mark's wish for being able to use the serial commands to control the FIDs, this can work very well with more hacking. Damn, I'm gonna have to run out and buy a small 2 ch. amplifier and see what kind of small cheap speakers I can find. Otherwise I suppose I can test it on my home system (not ideal for daily alarm clock use )

Bruno

Bruno