Greetings!

Okay. I have been doing a bit of cleaning up, and I feel that I no longer need to have one of my old units in storage. Especially since it is different from the others I have - it is not as good for a test box as my other spare and home machine. So, I am now offering my "Lab Rat" machine up for sale:

Empeg Mark 2 (original Empeg Mark 2, not a RioCar 2A, 12MB RAM)

- serial number 0900000587

This was my original empeg, purchased when I was still on the waiting list. It has seen use, so there are visible marks from having being inserted / removed from the docking sleeve. It also shows normal wear around the handle and body.

- 96GB capacity

Yes, that is 96GB. This machine has two IBM 48GB Travelstars in it. Obviously, they did not come that way from empeg, Ltd. or SonicBlue, so the machine has been opened, the hard drives replaced and the warranty voided. Well, given that the machine was manufactured in 2000, the warranty had already expired anyway.

- power, serial, USB cables, stickers (I think I still have the stickers)
- sled (never installed)
- extra sled (never installed)

I had an extra sled that I was going to make into a docking station. This will go with the unit.

- tuner module (never installed)
- smoke lens (DarkStorm's creation)
- with knob fix installed (see the board for more details)

I am asking $1,000 for this, which includes UPS shipping to anywhere in the US. This is still far less than I paid for it initially, and is approximately the "at cost" value of the components (original price for the tuner / sleds, $200 for a base emepg, pricewatch cost for the drives, etc.). I wanted to give the board / community a chance first, before listing it on ebay.

If anyone is interested, please send me a private message on the board.

Note: the existing music will be wiped from the hard drives before the sale. The buyer probably would not like my musical tastes anyway...