Hehe, first of all, When I mentioned printing the picture, it WAS a joke. (Simply due to the REALLY inadequate resolution, I'd LOVE to see that one printed as a 3'x4' poster - centimeter tall sqares of color).
However, printing it on your own IS illegal. (As long as you don't have permission from the author). In fact, when the www first became popular, there was much anxiety among graphic designers that their artwork would be "stolen" and used on other websites that did not pay them for it's use. And it happened quite a lot. Ever what the Digimark plugin in Photoshop was used for? After time, it was just given up on, as it was easy to defeat, and kinda pointless anyway. As to music, my personal view is that as long as I own the original, I'll do with it as I damn well please. As long as it's just for ME. I don't share my music really, and I typically rip my own MP3's, with the exception of a select few (I'm not perfect). However, there are many times when I've use somebody else's copy of an MP3 because mine was crap (cd was scratched and full of pops when ripped). Do I feel bad about that? Not in the least. Do I feel bad about the tracks I have that I DON'T actually own? I probably should, but again, nope. Metallica would have a hard time making me believe they're really feeling the pinch moneywise.

But on the other hand, see the attachment. (Courtesy of Despair.com)

Attachments
85618-irresponsibility.jpg (181 downloads)