Okay now that I worked the startup bug out of this thing, I spent a litle time tonight adding in a new feature. You can now set the alarm time in the current manner (absolute time) or as a "countdown timer" (relative time.) When you go to set the time in the "Time" menu, you can now select the "Set" label which has an equals sign or a plus sign next to it. Equals means the time you set is absolute, plus means it's relative to the current time. So now you can just say "fire the alarm in 8 hours" or whatever.

Still experimental, and I will probably need to tweak the UI, so all comments on this new feature are appreciated.

Not sure what else to add to this thing before I call it final. I was going to add a sleep timer like many alarm clocks have, but I don't think many people would use this feature, and there are problems making it and the regular alarm live happily together (namely the volumes would have to be raised and there are a lot of issues with how that would be done.)

The one thing this app *REALLY* needs is Mark Lord's in-place disk writing so I can save the time between reboots. I have no control over when that gets implemented, but you can expect a version of EmpWake to support it verhy soon thereafter.

Hope y'all like it. If I get favorable reviews on this one I'm going to post over in General where a lot more people read, and get this thing rolling towards a 1.0 release.