Any chance of implementing the 'time pips' every hour on the hour idea I had a while back?

Well... It would be much easier for me to have it *beep* every hour (using the DSP's beeps) than it would be for me to have it actually play a FID or any kind of MP3 file. Well, let me clarify that... Surely I could have it play a FID every hour, but it would actually replace your playlist with that FID in the same way the alarm does. I don't think that's very desirable.

What I think would be much more useful is to be able to play that FID "mixed together" with current sound output, and that would require me to do my own MP3 decoding and mix the sounds, which means I'd have to figure out how the sound overlay patch works (I never had any luck with it last time.) Now, if these pre-recorded "pips" were WAV files, the step of MP3 decoding isn't necessary, but I'dstill have to figure out how to mix the sound outputs.

However, beeping using the DSP beep would be pretty simple to do, as the Empeg's mixer automatically handles mixing beeps and music. I'll add that to my list.