We all use 'em, for hours and hours each day. So, who has the most comfortable computer mouse?

My Microsoft Mouse 2.0 left click button is finally wearing out after maybe 12 years (I've already repaired the mechanical button switch once). Time to get a new mouse. But what is the most comfortable and ergonomic?

I almost insist on a wired mouse, with as few buttons as possible, and wouldn't mind having another ball mouse. Seems like everything is battery-operated wireless and has a million buttons to accidentally press.

The ergonomic mice I see are:
Microsoft Natural Wireless Laser Mouse 6000
Logitech MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse
Evoluent VerticalMouse 3 rev 2 - wired!
3M Ergonomic Mouse - wired, simple!

The trick is: With the old MS Mouse, my fingers do most of the mouse moving. Only my fingertips touch the mouse, so all up/down mousing is my fingers extending/retracting. My wrist is fixed to a point on the desk.

With these vertical mice, your entire arm is required to move the mouse. And with the new MS/Logitech mice, they're curved and arched such that your entire finger/palm surface has contact, preventing that wrist-free finger work.

So, which mice and mouse movements work best for you all?