Do what I do, drive a Volvo 240. No one ever looks at this car, ever, so I don't need to take the empeg out. I know that most folk here will think I'm crazy, but given that I would have definitely dropped it a dozen times in those years, it makes sense to leave it there.

I do move it to the trunk behind the spare tyre when I'm parking in questionable places, tho.

A short story... I used to live in an apartment with a parking structure. About every two months, all the Toyotas and Hondas would get broken into and their stereos stolen, but they would never touch my Volvo, which had, at the time, about the best car stereo you could get. My neighbour's Honda would always get a window busted during these raids, even tho she didn't even have a stereo and you could see that thru the window. Once, I had left the car in the parking lot with the entire back end full of high end stereo equipment that I had bought at auction (this was a 240 wagon (estate) at the time) when one of these raids happened, and my car wasn't touched.

Volvo 240, no one steals them, no one breaks into them.