I'm actually lax comparitively as well. I NEVER leave the empeg in my car for a whole day, but if I'm going into a resturant for a few minutes I often put it in the trunk. I realize that some here have had theives get them while they were only gone for a few minutes, but I don't hear of many people around here having many problems with stuff getting stolen from there cars. If I'm at all comfortable I take it inside, but there are loads of places I just can't see theives breaking in my window, much less taking the time to get into the trunk. Of course, I believe Texas has the death penalty for car stereo theft these days . . .

What it comes down to is that I've made a decision that in some instances, the risk is low enough that it is not worth it to take the empeg with me, especially considering what a clutz I am. I know there's always the potential for it to get stolen, but there's also the potential for it to get banged up or dropped, especially if I'm going somwhere rough. And if I'm going to speak to a client in a formal meeting it's really hard to imagine taking in any kind of case and feeling comfortale about it. And for those who met me at the Texas meet last year, I DO finally have a case for it!