Quote:
But at least we get to learn how to run around a track for an hour and lift heavy things.

I'm more upset about my lack of choice in what additional classes I was allowed to take. Fine, make me get some excersize. At least it's something different. The fact that I had to take an entry-level Bio course at college makes me more irritated than gym class. I TOOK BIO IN HIGH SCHOOL. If, by the time I've gotten to college, I think my time would be better spent learning about interest rates and mortages and my taxes than re-learning stuff I already studied, I think that should be my choice. But no, there's a set of required courses that I must take.

I want the other extreme. I want a single required class in this kind of stuff that must be taken by all students in order to graduate. That's one semester that's spent learning essential tools for living in today's society. The result would be a graduating class that's actually prepared for being thrown into the real world.

Sorry, I keep getting on rants. Thanks for the suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming!