I originally was going to ask if scans of hospital bills for stitches suffice, but I realized that I have nothing to prove. I'd rather come off as "a big talker" that an admitted self-centered bystander who takes no action whatsoever.

And calling me a "big talker" isn't going to make anyone less culpable for standing by and doing nothing.

The problem is, what most of you are saying about this topic is right in line with the majority of people, at least it seems that way to me. And I don't understand how we've gotten to that point. I don't ignore crime around me, and I don't spend time with people who do. Hell, I don't even keep my mouth shut about littering: I launched into a tirade against a little gangbanger a few weeks ago for just tossing his yogurt container on the ground at the bus stop. His response was to tell me to "shut the fuck up <blah blah blah blah>...." So, I picked it up and threw it in the trash. For which I got called a "little bitch".

Could I have gotten my ass kicked? Sure. But did I try? You better believe it. And would I have tried to do something to the thief in the situation that started this thread? Hell yes. Because if I don't do the right thing, then I'm as bad as him.