Quote:
First of all, Jim, I don't know what people do in comic books. Not a fan.

Boy, oh, boy. You *are* ticked off. I haven't been a fan of comic books since about 1964, but I know who Peter Parker is..

Quote:
Quote:
That cop *almost* had that perp in his grip when the Crown Vic's rev limiter kicked in. He has to go home and face his family. What does he tell them?

He tells them that, unlike a majority of people out there, he tried, rather than just shrugging his shoulders and saying "not my problem, not worth the risk."

I am not imagining, nor hoping, that folks generally say "not my problem, not worth the risk". One thought that occurred to me: Dang, I tripped that guy and he turned out to be a cop!

It just seems that you are a bit on fire over this. So much so that I could imagine that you voted for Republicans and the Tums haven't kicked in yet.

Quote:
A poor showing, Jim, and you're being disingenuous. The key issue in my comments was the difference between trying to do something and simply doing nothing. To try to use the ban on high speed chases as an argument against that is logically flawed, and you know it. The cops try, but they have limits. They don't, however, simply say "meh, we might get hurt if we chase that bad guy. I'd rather just go home tonight."

I would liike to think that I don't aspire to disingenuity (sp?) but am perhaps afflicted with stupidity or bourbon. Poor showing? I leave you to judge. Again, I am not completely prepared to judge the worth of my fellow citizens' efforts to stop that shoplifter.

I have had my nose broken in the name of law and order and I would like to think that I would always step forward in the defense of right, but I have also managed to get into situations where right and wrong weren't quite as obvious. Maybe that is all I am trying to say. A little slack..

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.