Quote:
I think the saddest thing about all of this is that, for once, Billy is absolutely right and I agree with him 100%. Everyone who advocates doing nothing should be ashamed of themselves. Moreover, they should never again lament the state of a world they're helping to create.

No wonder we have so much crime in America.

Kudos to Ladmo, Mark, Visuvius, and Boxer for knowing the difference between right and wrong, and more importantly, between civic duty and cowardice. Being scared of retaliation doesn't excuse you from your responsibility to your fellow man.

Flame all you want, but this is pathetic.

Really interesting. I believe I DO know the difference between right and wrong - but wait a sec...

1) Am I really supposed to tackle a dude because it appears that he's guilty? Am I now judge and jury? Ok, that sounds like an excuse, but wouldn't I be committing assault? Another excuse? If some guy tackled ME in a parking lot and I was innocent of whatever crime they THINK I may have caused, I'd press charges and maybe sue that dip-shit.

2) You guys ever see the movie "Regarding Henry" with Harrison Ford? He goes out for some groceries or something and gets shot by a freak in a convenience store. Brain damage and stuff. That crap HAPPENS. You guys wouldn't find out about my brain dead-ness, unless someone here read it in the paper and figured out that it was me... (unlikely) I prefer to be sitting here writing this witty stuff...

3) This BS incident in a parking lot is not a battle of good and evil. This is not The Lord Of the Rings or Germany vs. England in WWII. This is some punk (probably armed) running from a shopkeeper and a keystone cop! Do I really lack principles by not sticking my neck out for that situation?

4) My favorite part of this thread is where Loren included the Wii in the list of significant others. In my case, he should have said "360."

- Jon