I thought you hated Engadget, Bruno, so why are you complaining? Besides, most of these live blogs (like GDGT, which is where I'm following) let you reverse the order. I agree that I prefer to have it add to the bottom, that way I was able to go get lunch at 1pm EST and let things fill up, then read everything in order without "spoilers" (as much as there can be spoilers in this sort of thing).

The iPhone 5 looks very nice, and is clearly the benchmark of phones for the next year (though the competitors are closing the parity window). I don't give them credit for the larger screen, because they're just trying to keep from scaling existing apps. Old apps just sit in the center of the screen at the same size they always were. But hey, more screen real estate is always better.

I'm not a fan of the new Nano. The last gen was pretty darn cute, and my wife uses it to work out all the time. The new one is thinner, but it's larger. It's also going to disappoint a large number of people who wanted a better Nano watch. This one won't make for a good watch. I'm not saying that's a huge market segment, but it's something that could have been grown. They also didn't say much about added functionality in the Nano. Can it connect to your iPhone over bluetooth? Can it play music over iCloud? I'm guessing no, and that means there's little new stuff about it, and they just changed the form factor that everyone liked.

Overall it was a pretty good announcement I suppose. The phone looks nice.

The one thing the bugged me to no end: "we think this is the best ____ we've made." I hope so!