Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Micro USB is so uncommon and impractical, difficult to plug in, barely anything uses it. Most USB devices use other "standard" USB connectors.

Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Then it's really taken off over the past year or so.

Micro USB has been the standard for everyone not in the Apple world for the past three to four years. Nearly all Android phones, Blackberries, and Kindles have used it.

I don't know why there's even any debate on this. The fact is unless your household ONLY has Apple devices, you need a variety of cables. I'd rather just throw a bunch of cables in a bag and pick out any one to take with me. Instead I usually bring two 30 pin cables for my wife's iPhone and Nano, and I bring micro USB cables for my phone, her Kindle and Kindle Fire, and my portable mouse (there's some more devices for you, my desktop set charges via micro USB too).

Let me get this straight: I don't LIKE micro USB. It's a terrible shape, it's difficult to plug in (even when I have it the right way around). But it's what we have, and I'd rather everything standardized than have multiple connections.