Originally Posted By: tfabris
Is there any yellow boo-boo icons, something like "unrecognized device" or something?

Yes. Attached are screenshots of as much information as I could gather from this.

Originally Posted By: tfabris
Is there a Kindle "application" to install on Windows? Often times, they include the latest device drivers along with the application. You might want to try installing that.

Yes. It does include the driver, and I have already tried that. Twice. The second time I installed an older version, but had the same results.

It is highly unlikely that the problem lies with the device(s) themselves. Seven different devices did not fail simultaneously, one of which was new in box. I also discovered that an iPad also will not connect. All devices will recharge when plugged in to any of the 26 USB ports I have available. (Three 7-port hubs; four ports on back of case; two ports on front)

I am running out of options here. I think my next bet is one that is a bit scary to me. I have a C: drive image file made two days before this problem arose. I also have daily file-by-file backups of the C: drive (along with the other five drives) that exclude the Windows directory. If I restored the image file, followed by the daily backed-up non-Windows files, would that possibly solve the problem, or would I end up with an impossible mess?

The bet after that would be a complete Windows reinstall. I really, really wish to avoid that. It is fifty hours work to reinstall and reconfigure all my software, and after that it is weeks and months finding and fixing little annoyances that have to be fixed. You try reinstalling MP3 Tag Studio now that Magnus no longer supports it and the registration key is out of date. (FWIW, if anybody needs it, I have the tools to do that!)

The last bet will be installation of a new motherboard and all the fun and games that go with it. Meanwhile, I have 20 or 30 eBooks piling up in my Calibre eBook library and no way to add them to any of the household Kindles. No, I exaggerate - it is only 18 as of today. The total library is 10,435 books, about 1/3 audio books, 2/3 eBooks.

Any help will be desperately appreciated.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
USB 01.png

USB 02.png

USB 03.png

USB 04.png

USB 05.png