First (only) bug (or "feature" that causes hang ) Pressing a button to bring up Hijack's "Clock" causes a hang if your interface is active.

Hmm, I'll have to wait until Mark shows up to comment on that one. My guess is it has something to do with the fact that I'm using the overlay rather than full screen?

It doesn't seem to read from the config settings for me right now. So the active state isn't set and neither is the time (reads all 0's). If I manually set the alarm it will go off (a few seconds late) but will jump to some random tune while also choosing to play the entire player (tested by presetting to a single song or a small list before the alarm goes off and leave it in pause)

I need to see your config.ini and your serial output when you start EmpWake to figure this one out. Like I said in my disclaimer, my parsing and bounds checking is really lax right now.

What do you mean by a few seconds late? It takes a few seconds to load any playlist or song... Is that all you're talking about? You should hear some disk access right at the exact second (or close to it) that the alarm goes off, then the player has to load the playlist like it normally would.

For now I've removed Hijack's time offset and have changed over to using GMT with the player. So my player clock always matches up with the time the kernel gets. It would be nice if you could read the current time details from wherever the player stores its settings, each time your menu pops up.

Hmm I've never used any kind of time zone stuff before so I'm not sure how to correct this. I'm just calling localtime() right now.

It would be nice if you could read the current time details from wherever the player stores its settings, each time your menu pops up.

Yeah I just don't know where that is. Anyone else?

[edit] Some other weirdness... On first entering your menu, it will sometimes skip over the "Time" item when I rotate the knob (and I'm rotating it very carefully by a single click). This instance it also took a long time for your interface to pop up. The screen stayed blank for some 2 seconds after clicking empwake in Hijack's menu.

Well first the slowness in starting is something I've seen in the Viewer app as well. I think it has to do with the fact that the player is using realtime scheduling and unless user apps also do this (which means they'll steal CPU away from the player) those apps can get almost no CPU time if the player decides to do stuff. I think what's happening is the player's loading its cache or reading from disk and the user app therefore gets very little CPU.

I could tell EmpWake to use realtime scheduling (I did this with EmpTriv with some success) but then it's stealing CPU away from the player and if it gets really busy it could cause music to skip. I don't think an alarm clock is important enough to do that.

Now, as to the skipping over a menu option, I think what's probably happening there is you're accidentally sending a knob left or knob right code when you click the knob to start the program. Then you see the long pause, then it pops up and processes the knob left code which has been buffered. If that's not it, then I haven't seen the problem you're talking about.

One suggestion... In your time setting, would you make it so that it wraps around the time? So going backwards from 00 will get me to 59. That'll make setting a lot faster.

Sure, I can do that.

Edited by yn0t_ (17/03/2002 13:54)