I think it sounds pretty useful for exactly what Peter said. Our current usage of the player is limiting because of pre-existing play lists and the way people deal with them.

Some people, like Tony, create mood lists... Some people (at least one) just dumps all his songs into one giant list. I have all my songs within album lists which in turn are under their respective artists. And artists are split into two groups to make it easier to scroll through those lists.

That's a lot of navigating based on fixed lists which can be very inconvenient. If I were to put together a large custom list I may want to skip or jump to a specific position in that list. This is what the question is all about. The whole search and insert thing lead poeple down the wrong path only because it's what the poster was trying to do. Not what he wanted to do. Perhaps it would have been quicker to just say clearly what was wanted: Jump to a specific position in a running playlist. And being able to accomplish that jump by "searching" for the song to jump to.

Nothing in the player right now jumps positions, but rather grabs the found song ans allows you to do something with it.

I'm still really waiting for Soup info and features to be exposed in the player software and I think then, this feature would be useful for me. Right now I tend to run a lot of Random lists, so "position" is rather irrelevant - I never know what comes next anyway.

Bruno