Quote:
It may be relevant to point out, if it's not already been pointed out, that the Coca-Cola company sells unsweetened cola syrup to its bottlers, who then add sweetener and water themselves. Coca-Cola claims it does not make any rules about what the bottlers use to sweeten it. So we should really be arguing with the bottlers about what they use, not with Coca-Cola itself.

Weird. I'd think they'd be a little more like McDonald's, so that they have a consistent taste everywhere. But I'm glad they don't. It's been a while since I drank Coke from Canada, but ISTR it being made with sugar, rather than HFCS. Is that still the case?

My average sodas per day is approximately zero. Sometimes I'll have one mixed with juice, when flying. Sometimes I'll have one at a party. But those are really only when they're free. If I'm paying for it myself, I prefer to spend my money on the niche brands like Jones Soda, or, better yet, if I'm at a restaurant that brews their own root beer, I'll have a glass then.