I guess I have to agree with you, Bitt. I was being kind, and hoping I could fool myself into liking the episode, but you're basically expressing all the things that left me unsatisfied. None of the events surrounding the finale made sense given what came before. And you're right, I think the future episode is moot at this point, which is a terrible shame because that one episode gave me such faith in the show, and prompted me to start discussing it like crazy here.

As for this:
Quote:
In the Days of Future Past episode, Mr. Bennett says that she was in hiding and that people didn't know she was alive. It's possible that he put her in hiding immediately after she was "killed" in that timeline.

That makes sense, but if that's the case, I don't see any indication that Hiro changed this outcome either. That's what bothers me the most. Hiro should be the sole cause of avoiding the disaster, but only using whatever actions he took following the "future episode." As far as I could see, he had no meaningful interactions with any of the characters at all, let alone something that would affect the outcome.

The more I think about the episode, the more of a mess it becomes. People worry that the writers for Lost don't know where the overall story is going. The writers for Heroes apparently fly by the seat of their pants from episode to episode, lucking out when continuity shows its self.