Quote:

But mainly, they can maintain a central database making sure that all customers have the same (and up to date) codes and configurations to choose from - this simplifies support tremendously.

I can imagine so many ways to do this (local copies of the needed IR codes, easily kept in synch, for one, or even simply used as a backup in such cases where you don't have an internet connection), without compromising much more relevant aspects of the user experience.

Having an >>entirely<< could-dependant software for this specific purpose - programming your local remote - is just not a good idea.

I can't even change the order activities appear on the remote, or change an icon, or rearrange them. None of this can be done, even though they don't need to access their DB. The software just won't pass the "checking network connection" stage.

Hopefully the hundreds of unhappy customers on their forums will make Logitech reconsider their approach to Harmony Remote Software, and 7.7.1 will be user-centered rather than Logitech-centered.

I so dislike to be dependent on the clound when it is not strictly necessary.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg