Heh, here we go again. It's like rubbing a lamp! New genie, this time.

Mark, you have our admiration and respect. Nice work!

Now, today on the way home, I had a thought... (he says as he rubs the lamp)

What if the voladj selector had four presets instead of three. It could have the three existing ones (low medium high), and also a new one called CUSTOM. The custom settings could be derived from a special [voladj] section of config.ini.

I'm aware that the config.ini isn't available when the kernel first fires up (the disks are not yet spun up), but I'm pretty sure it's readable at some point, right? And the kernel somehow knows (or can know) when it is able to read the config.ini?

The reason is that I've been very keen on the idea of playing with the parameters for Richard's code to make it behave a little differently, there just hasn't been an easy way for me to throw a whole bunch of different parameters at it in short order.

Hmm. Now that I think about it... if there were a custom setting, is there enough free bytes of flash to store the four-or-so parameters for the custom voladj settings? Then we wouldn't even need config.ini and it'd be even easier to play with them...

I'm just thinking out loud here, of course. I wouldn't want to squander my three wishes on silly stuff...