Interesting thread. Talk is cheap. I don't know that anyone can really know how he or she might react in a hostile situation, until you've actually been there. I also live in Washington. I have a CWP. It was very easy to get. The only reason why I got one was so I wouldn't have to wait to pick up a handgun when I bought it. If I see a gun I like I can take it home right when I buy it. No waiting period. Needless to say I am a firearm buff. I am not going to go into detail on my collect but I have a few. Even though I have an arsenal at home I would NEVER choose to pick up a weapon unless my life or the lives of those in my home were at risk. I think you did the right thing by staying in your car and honking your horn. That was smart. I own nothing that is worth the life of another human being. There have been some comments in this thread that speak of pulling a weapon instead of being a pussy. I think they have it backwards. I have never been in a situation where the presence of a gun saved my life but I believe I have been in a situation where the presence of my brain did. Using deadly force is a last resort and should be used only if there is no other way to save your life and you had better be sure because you will have to live with your choice, forever. Exclusive of law enforcement, military, and those unfortunate few who find themselves in terrible situations the use of a firearm against another human being is simply not an option and should not be considered. In more cases than not the brandying of a weapon elevates the risk factor not the other way around. Well, thats my opinion and thats all it is, take it or leave it.