Quote:
I know of no one who loves them, thankfully. The thing is, for what they've been doing it doesn't seem like they need that many "willing followers".

I don't (think) I know anybody, either, but life is full of surprises. I once worked side-by-side with a guy for 6 months (on a psych ward, no less) before discovering that he spent his evenings recruiting for the KKK. Who knows what lies in the hearts of BBS lurkers?

I guess more to the point, I intentionally made that allowance because there definitely people out there who are feeling satisfaction over today's bloody events, and they all don't have some insane world view (as often characterized by the media and our politicians) but have one that at least has internal (and maybe external) consistency. I wonder, if the state of Texas was being invaded by hordes looking to imprison the last Christians on planet earth, might we expect JeffS to wrap himself in dynamite and mingle among the invaders? It is an absurd question, but I use it to consider how some of these suicidal martyrs see themselves.

Anyhow, no shortage of suicidal martyrs, and they are rational enough to scheme, to plan in detail and to execute in a very determined way. And terrorists -- or so-called terrorists if that is your leaning -- always have the upper hand from the standpoint of what they need to do to "win".

Grumble.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.