Quote:
Funny you should mention something like that. When I got up this morning and read what happened on Google News, I went and turned on CNN (why I have no idea, and why I expected more than I got is a good question as well). A few minutes of inane BS chatter between the two talking heads and the guy turns to the camera and says "And coming up next... how will all this effect todays stocks..."

I couldn't f'n believe it. My disdain for news networks will never cease to gain momentum apparently.

The events during the 9/11 attacks were one big reason I started paying more attention to the BBC online. And this evening, I'm pulling out my credit card to subscribe to BBC News Broadband. The reason this time? I tuned into Headline News expecting 24 hour news coverage, and instead got the two politicially opposed two person talk show that plagues all the other "news" channels.

It would have been big news if some foreign news anchor made such comments hours after the trade centers fell. But yet, attacks occur in London, and suddenly it's ok for our news media to make stupid comments. And we wonder why the US is seen so badly by the rest of the world beyond our politics.