Quote:
Actually, knowing Jeff, he would tell them about his faith as they were capturing him. He would then do free concerts in prison and share his faith with the guards. And he'd be thankful for the unique opportunity to do so.

I bet, but you make me realize that my example outcome "imprison" was too mild. I guess I should have started with "enslave" and gone from there. No music allowed.

edit: to make this more relevant to what little I think I know about the motives of these bombers, perhaps I should have asked whether Jeff would sacrifice his life and take the innocent lives of invaders' children, not if these invaders appeared poised to *imprison* Jeff and his children, but if their invasion looked like it would poison Jeff's children and deny them entry into the Kingdom of Heaven (or whatever afterlife suits your fancy). I consider it bizarre, but, seriously, if you believe in some Heaven and you believed you and your children could get there....save for the nasty actions of infidels/invaders/whatever...what measures would you be obliged to take?

But I am concerned that, in my jaded gloominess, I am becoming a bit abstract. What, forty-something probably nice people were killed today? And more likely to die in the next few days? OK, so that doesn't gather anywhere near as much press attention when it happens in Baghdad, but that doesn't mean the people of London deserve this.

If anybody has an acquaintance who is a burn nurse, be nice to them. Mow their lawn. Offer to do some errands for them. Let them know how impressed you are with what they do.

Edited by jimhogan (08/07/2005 01:31)