Apple will have LTE when that technology matures enough to be available in more than select pockets of the US. Remember that the first iPhone didn't have 3G and was only available in the US. Even though some Android handsets do support LTE/WiMax, even if you're located in one of the serviced markets, what exactly is there to do with the increased speed? I don't see very much added benefit unless we're talking about tethering a computer or getting into some mobile bit torrent.

When it comes down to things that matter, the 4S seems like a hit to me. On top of everything they've added, they've kept the exterior with the same fit, finish and dimensions, meaning you can re-use all accessories and they can continue to sell into a market that has made the existing iPhone products #1 with a growing margin.

I suspect Apple may eventually offer a larger screen size, though not at large as some of the enormous handsets that can be found today. If at all possible I would like next year's iPhone to grow only insignificantly in exterior height/width while offering perhaps an additional .5" of diagonal screen size.

The new graphics core at about 7x the performance of the already-excellent iPhone 4 is something a lot of people are glossing over. In terms of software, I think Siri is going to revolutionize this market, even if it does require a data connection.

I wasn't planning on upgrading until next year and the next iPhone model, so I can't say I'm disappointed at all. If I were going to jump to a new model this year, my only disappointment would be that the prices didn't come down (64GB model introduced for old 32GB price, etc..) But it's hardly surprising.

Oh, I'm also looking for a huge play on battery tech from Apple which hasn't happened yet in mobile. Those billions should really be put to use defying the laws of physics. wink The biggest gripe I have with my iPhone 4 is battery life. Like with so many gadgets really.

Apple's stock is taking a beating, but that's probably just sell-off, like with all other events they have, regardless of content. I'm sure it's going to bounce back in a big way (a few days) after their financial results are announced.

If we were to all listen to commentaries at Engadget, we should not be surprised to see Apple fail over the coming year, since this is going to (finally) be Samsung, no Motorola, no, HTC's year. Ok, whatever. wink I expect iOS to gain market over the next 12 months and the iPhone to widen its lead over everything else.