Originally Posted By: Dignan
And that's very impressive and it appears to work very well...

...but both platforms will suffer from the problem of people being too embarrassed to use it. I know I only use my voice commands when I'm at home or in the car. They're great to have, but I just can't use them with strangers around...

*edit*
And on the flip side, I'm sure there will be plenty of people using voice commands on their phones and being very obnoxious about it. It'll be a whole new area etiquette, like the people who talk on their phones in public with the speakerphone on smile

I should add, after months of using Siri, I could personally care less if someone else judges me for using it in public. One handy feature though that does help in public is the ability to just raise the phone to my ear and talk as if I'm on a call. Siri will automatically recognize I raised the phone, and talk through the private earpiece. It also uses the same noise canceling system used during phone calls, allowing use in noisy environments.

I do keep etiquette in mind at times though. For one, I don't dare try to use Siri at the Alamo Drafthouse smile