Originally Posted By: drakino
Cox did start offering service in my area, likely as an MVNO. It's one of the providers I want to investigate.

Time Warner Cable was trialing something like that with Sprint a few months back. I'm not a customer of theirs, so I haven't really investigated it. Basically, they wanted to get you to do a quadruple-play under their brand name.

I'm still in contract with AT&T for another few months, but there is no doubt I will be moving on once that's over. I've been playing with all kinds of devices and SIMs over the past year including Straight Talk and T-Mobile prepaid. I don't have any experience with H2O since their unlimited service just started last month, but they're the front-runners now. Their SIMs are sold at Best Buy, so even though their website looks a bit lame, they look like a legit company.

Right now I have an unlocked Samsung Galaxy S II i9100 (international). From a hardware perspective, it's a fantastic device. Definitely the best Android phone I've ever had (G1, HTC Aria, LG Optimus, Dell Venue, & Nexus S prior), but the software just isn't up to the polish that iOS has. I also think iOS has better push reliability which has become more important to me.

I did have an LG Quantum C900 very recently, which ran Windows Phone 7 Mango. I really, really liked everything about the OS aside from the lack of apps. Perhaps in 2012 Microsoft will gain momentum with the help of Nokia, but for now I'm deciding between the iPhone 4S or sticking with the Galaxy S II and checking out Ice Cream Sandwich.

Either way, AT&T is getting dumped.