By the way hunting is a legitimate sport I see no difference in hunt than in fishing. As long as you eat what you kill I see no harm as long as you are abiding by the law. Personally I rather eat a wild animal than one that was keep in horrific conditions only to be slaughtered for meat.
I agree with you about every point I quoted here, but one unstated thing bothers me. While I agree that it is much better for the animal to have lived an unfettered life, and that eating hunted animals is good, the state of mind one must be in to find killing ``fun'' disturbs me. Certainly, in times past, hunting was the best way to get dinner. It could be argued now that someone might prefer hunting to purchasing at the butcher's based on how the animals were treated, but I doubt that that's the case for the majority of hunters. I believe that most hunters hunt because they find it entertaining, and that's what bothers me, much more than the killing of the animal itself (as I am certainly not a vegetarian).