Wow, isn't this place truly amazing!

I was offline for ~36hours after initially posting here and could not have imagined the wealth of advice and information awaiting my return.

My partner and I are sincerely grateful to you all for your posts and especially those that so obviously took a great deal of thought, time and effort to put together. We'd also like to extend an extra-special 'thank you' to Boxer and PCA along with the 3rd parties involved for going even further out of their way to help.

Mostly owing to the posts here, we both have a much clearer view and better understanding of the teacher/headteacher/school situation as a whole. This in turn has had quite a calming influence since we can clearly see that demanding, shouting and so on clearly is not going to get the best results.

As an update to the situation since my previous post, there have been a few more incidents at the school comprising of (in order); being hit with a book, open remarks of "Is it time to kill <myson> yet?" and preventing him from leaving the cloakroom.

When he was hit by the book (a flimsy exercise book) he grabbed it and threw it down on the floor and firmly told DP to "Stop!" and walked away. The events that followed were maybe some form of retaliation from DP, or maybe not, it's impossible to tell right now.

We have a meeting with the class teacher on Monday and hopefully the head will be attending too. Furthermore, we decided to get an overview of what's gone on to date in writing which the head and class teacher will be receiving tomorrow. I'm quite happy to post a copy of the letter in here which I'll probably do once I've had a chance to anonymize it.

In the meantime and once again, I'd like to say a big thank you to everyone who's helped here