Hi guys,

I've been reading up lately on the upcoming Windows Home Server release. I'm very interested in this software, but instead of buying a pre-built solution like eg the HP Mediasmart Windows Home Server (photo here), I 'd like to build my own system.

What I need:

* Case based on the mATX standard (micro-ATX)
    * room for three to four 3,5" HDD's
    * one 5,25" slot (for DVD-RW)
    * Preferably as silent as possible (read: no tiny annoying fans in it, only large ones - starting at 80mm but preferably larger)
    * harddisk drives accessible from the front with a removable drive bay (this is the tricky part)

I've already found the Antec NSK-1300, and, while having excellent dimensions, good cooling and includes the PSU, it doesn't allow HD's to be removed/added without opening the case.

I guess I need something like this. (dutch text, but the photos tell all). That would be a perfect case, if it weren't mini ITX standard, which seriously limits the CPU choice I can make. That, and mini ITX boards being horribly expensive. It also draws its cooling from two 70 mm fans, which will no doubt be very noisy. Since I want to tuck this server away somewhere in the bedroom, noise is very important as you can probably imagine.

Basically, I want to install it, tuck it away somewhere and not manipulate it anymore after that, with the exception of adding/removing a drive when needed. A Windows Home Server is specifically built to be accessed via a terminal session on (one of the) PC's in the network, and does not need anything connected to it, other than a network and power cable.

The forementioned HP system would be perfect in fact, but of course, these cannot be bought as empty cases, only pre-built.

I've been looking for a couple of days now, but was not able to find anything which fits all my requirements. I had no idea this would be so hard!
Has anybody got any suggestions? Thanks!