Quote:
I've ripped all of my DVDs and put them on a fileserver as MPEG2 in VOB format. Works great most...

The only issue is that anything that isn't actually a full blown computer doesn't seem to be able to do the menus when streaming. You can play the video and have all the features. You just can't get the menu so you have to wonder whether RandomExtraFeature is what stream. From what I could find when researching this a couple years back is that its part of the DVD licensing that forbids you from doing this.

I can stream and get the menus if I use a PC/Mac however but thats a bit overboard...

Most of the time this will not be an issue for me, because I only rip the movie, with English DD (or DTS) sound, and the Dutch and English subs.
I agree this could become a problem when I start ripping my TV series DVD's, cause those usually contain 4 to 5 series per disc...

Come to think of it: what do you use to rip your DVD's? I use AnyDVD combined with CloneDVD, but I can't really remember having seen an option to also rip the menus...