Well, I can finally answer the question posed by this thread title: no.

I ordered a 16GB Nexus 4 at the end of last week, and it just got here today. Yes, there's already rumors of a Nexus 5 coming out, but we'll see about that. For now the immediate benefit of cutting my monthly phone contract down from $140 to $30 is going to help my wife and I out a great deal.

So far I'm loving the phone. The immediate impression is that the speed is a huge improvement. Everything just works and I don't have any halting issues like I did with my Galaxy Nexus. This could just be the effect of having a new Android phone, but hopefully now that TRIM is in 4.3 I won't see another slowdown after a year.

Here are some more first impressions:

- I think I definitely like AMOLED more than LCD. The whole display looks relatively washed out when compared to the GN. I'll live with it, and probably get used to it and forget about AMOLED, but at the moment it's a bit of a let down. I'm also noticing a tiny bit of burn in, which is troubling right out of the box. I don't know if it shipped with the screen on the whole way, but I can see some definite yet slight burn in at the left and right edges of the screen.

- I don't know if it was an isolated thing, but the call quality isn't great. I had trouble hearing the TMobile rep, and he had trouble hearing me. That could be the particular call, the phone, TMobile, or the reception in my home.

- The loudspeaker is terrible. It's a waste. After hearing the HTC One's speakers, everything is a let down, but this one is just awful. The GN had a better one.

- I don't know if it's just me, but I don't have those little nubs that were supposedly getting added to the back of the phone to keep it from sliding around.

I'll update as I go along, but I'm very pleased. It's funny that I got this on the same day as the Apple announcement, but I'm very pleased with this phone.