Originally Posted By: DWallach
The absence of conditional call forwarding on T-Mo prepaid plans is a hugely annoying thing. Here's one blog post about why prepaid plans might be less desirable that gets into lots of details.

...except there's almost no details about why it might be a bad thing. The article only mentions two downsides. The first is lack of LTE, and the second is throttling.

I've not noticed any problems with data speeds on HSPA+. It's pretty great, actually. So far I don't miss LTE one bit. Perhaps it's because I moved from a slower phone with faster internet to a faster phone with slower internet. In all it's either a wash or perhaps a little better because rendering times have improved.

Throttling isn't a problem for me because I know it's not unlimited data. It's 5GB then I get throttled. I prefer that to having 6GB on Verizon (for 4.5 times the cost) and getting hit with overages. I just make sure I stay under my cap, just like I did before.

Quote:
The magic date when my VZW lockin expires is rapidly approaching and I have no idea what I'm going to do.

My VZW date was approaching (December). Even with the ETF, I still saved money by bailing out only a month ahead of it. I wish I'd done it months ago.