Originally Posted By: tonyc
It doesn't have to do with the phone, it has to do with the T-Mobile prepaid plan. I talked quite a bit about it up-thread -- basically, sending calls to your normal cell number to your GV voice mail is a feature that requires conditional call forwarding, and T-Mo prepaid doesn't support this.

I knew you talked about this, Tony, and I was prepared for it. But if you'll notice, I said that calls to my GV number are not sent to GV voicemail if I do it manually. Only if I let it ring through. If I swipe the call away, whether the call was made to my cell or GV number, it always goes to my T-Mo voicemail. If I let the call ring, calls to my cell number go to T-Mo and calls to my GV number go to GV. I don't know why swiping GV calls doesn't make them go to GV voicemail.

Originally Posted By: Shonky
I'm not a user of GV but you know you can press a volume key whilst the phone rings and it will silence it and stop it vibrating? It will continue to ring of course but completely silently.

This is what I do, but it's not ideal. Frequently I'll need to put the phone back in my pocket, and I'm always worried that I'll pick up the call accidentally.